Remember if you plan to take the SAT 2 test for foreign languages with listening that this is the only chance you have to take until NEXT November. So:
Don''t forget that you will need to have a CD player for the testing!
Here are the manual instructions defining the proper and allowable CD player for the testing:
• CD players must be handheld, battery-operated, single CD players without duplicating or recording capabilities. They should be labeled with this standard industry label:
• Students may bring backup equipment in the event their primary equipment and batteries fail, but they need your permission to use it.
• Staff are not required to have extra equipment or batteries available.
• Students are not permitted to share calculators or CD players.
• Students may not reverse and replay questions on the CD.
To be more clear:
The school testing staff WILL NOT HAVE backup equipment or extra batteries.
This kind of portable CD player should have the standard industry label showing it to be a compact disk player.
The CD player must only play one disk at a time, and can not have recording or duplicating capabilities.
You will not be allowed to share or use another test taker''s CD player.
This notice is going out so that all our test takers can be properly prepared, because in this time of MP3 players, portable, handheld, battery-operated single disk CD players may not be common, but that is what is absolutely required and there is nothing else that can be substituted, and the school will not be able to help you if you do not have one with you.